Saturday, July 10, 2010

Toledo Museum of Art


The Toledo Museum of Art is one of our favorite places in the summer. We are fortunate to have an aunt that offers to sign up the kids for one class each summer since Madie was old enough to go. This summer was the first summer that the kids were old enough to go and stay and learn without me to tag along. I'll have to say that I was totally impressed. I enjoyed the extra free time, but more importantly, I loved seeing the kids gain some extra independence at the museum. When I dropped the kids off, they no longer needed me to help them get their supplies, instead they worked together to get everything they needed. They also each day searched for their already started artwork to make sure they sat next to each other--I loved this because it was nice to know that they wanted to be with each other! Their class always lasted the longest and a collection of moms always hung out in the hallway. I loved peeking in and seeing every kid hard at work. It's amazing what a difference a year makes.

In the photos is the tire swing at the museum. EVERY day, Jack asked to go to the swing. Everyday, we had something. He was pleased to go on Friday, but a bit shocked when it wasn't as cool as he had hoped. I think he wanted it to go higher! Ha!

When I can get all of their projects together, I'll try to post a photo. They took a Mummy Mysteries class. They did a lot of cool Egyptian projects.

No comments: