Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shadow Box Snow People

I love these! I just was looking for something cute winter-ish to make and came across this tutorial:
http://childmadetutorials.blogspot.com/2010/11/snowman-family-diorama.html

I added some details and used different materials, but basically the same idea!

I've already made three of them.  I think I had way more fun decorating each snow person to look like the person I was representing, but that's the fun part!  I'll share the photo of the one I made of my family.  The others are gifts so I don't want to ruin the surprise!

From left to right: Madie, Me, Drew & Jack

Sorry for the crummy pictures... this a little better close up shot.  Can you tell I liked making hats/headbands/earmuffs!


Lots of fun!!!  The kids even made their own finger puppets using this idea.  I love mine :0)

My latest shadowbox...I'm LOVING decorating these little guys.
I even sewed the two red hats to add details and to make it gather.
FUN! FUN! FUN!



2 comments:

Sheri@childmade.com said...

Well done!! LOVE the hats!! I've included a link in my instruction post. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Thanks! I made another one last night that had a larger family with little kids-I think I'm obsessed. Thanks for sharing this idea!