Thursday, January 13, 2011

Diaper Wipes Containers for a Baby Shower

One of my favorite people in the world is having a baby!  My best friend from college is having her first baby, a little girl.  I wish we lived closer so that I could be there for her.  This weekend she is having her baby shower and I am totally bummed that I can't be there.  Since I'm unable to make the long trek to her neck of the woods, I wanted to make sure I sent a fun present that I know she'll get good use of.  

Once I saw the tutorial on how to make these, I knew that I wanted to add a little special personalized touch to the package.  These Diaper Wipes containers that I saw at Sew Dang Cute Crafts are just so stinkin' cute (and easy to make), I ended up making more than I needed!  My first couple were experimental and I ended up giving them to Madie for pencil cases because the brand of container did not want to stay closed (Pampers).  I tried the Huggies wipe containers and they worked really well.  

Just wanted to share the ones that I made...I had fun making the little embellishments on top!



Little Ladybug!  This is one that wouldn't stay closed.  I ended up putting a piece of ribbon under the fabric to use as a closure (used velcro to keep shut)  I made a ribbon lady bug to add that extra something.  This one is now in my daughter's desk at school!
  

This was my first one..I put the trim all around on this one and it was a bit too much (especially since they didn't stay shut)  I loved the fabric though, so it reappears later.

I loved this one, too.  This was the first one I did with the Huggies container--so much better!

Cute little collection...makes me want a baby to need one of these again...well, maybe not! ha!

Loved the fabric on these and the ribbon is super cool.  The bottom container also got an embellishment, just didn't take a pic.

I love this one.  I initially tried to trim it with ribbon, but wasn't too excited by it.  So, I found this lace-like trim to attach over the ribbon and I think it was just the right touch!

Had to make another one with this fabric.  I love the little bow in the middle!



Thanks for the great idea, Sew Dang Cute Crafts!

No comments: