Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fun Valentines for the Kids' Teachers

I'm new to this blogging thing, but I have to admit--I love it!  I am always finding the cutest things that I can not wait to try out.  This Valentine's Day, I wanted to try out a card that I had seen HERE that I thought was adorable.  Check it out!

The site shows these super cute cards made out of pictures they had taken of their kid with their arm out in a fist.  Then they developed the pictures, used an exacto knife and cut slits in the top and bottom of the hand and stuck a sucker in it--ADORABLE!!

So, I wanted to try it out for my kids and their classmates--they both said no way! They wanted the ones like everyone else.  BOO!  So, I decided I'd at least try it out for their teacher card.  I have to say--I love them!  They turned out super cute!!

I changed it up a bit--of course, same pose, just a tad different.  I used http://www.picnik.com/app to edit the photos first before printing them.  That way I could write on the photos a fun Valentine saying.  I didn't have suckers, so I used pencils and used phrases with the word "write"  (like "Write On!")

Hope you like them!

Sorry about the crummy pics--the sun was actually shining today and I kept getting a glare!

I added some scrapbook paper (the lavendar) to make it a bit more sturdy.

His says:  "Valentine, you're out-'write' Awesome!"



Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: