Monday, March 14, 2011

Shoe Makeover

So, I came across this cute pair of shoes for Madie at Target.  I knew she'd love them, but I thought they could use some jazzing up.  I figured since they were cheap, I'd tried decorating them.


I contemplated making little bows, or flowers, or ladybugs...too many options...so, I decided that if I used snaps I could make multiple options and let Madie change them according to her mood or outfit!

The first ones I made, I tried gathering ribbon to make a flower, placed a button in the middle and Voila!

I like these a lot, but I thought I'd try making something for her to wear for St. Patrick's Day.  I had bought a bag of felt shamrock stickers that I thought would be perfect for this.  I used wider ribbon to make the base of the flower and added ribbon strips to set apart the shamrock from the green polka dot ribbon.  They turned out a little big, but I think they ended up super cute!  What do you think?


Here's a shot of the big snaps that hold the bows to the shoes.


3 comments:

Amy said...

What a good idea to use buttons! I love the shamrock ones!

Michelle said...

OMG those are great Amy!

Amy said...

Thqnk you!! I'm in one of those crafty moods. Glad you like them :0)