Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Flower Headbands

My daughter is in headband overload, but I really enjoy making them.  So, I have been trying out different flower techniques lately to make something a little different.  I just made seven new ones tonight to give out as presents to my friends' daughters.  I hope they like them.  There are tons of tutorials out there on how to make them, but if you need any advice, I'd be glad to help!

This satin headband is basically a bunch of circles, edges burned to prevent fraying, folded in fourths and glued onto a piece of felt.  I've seen a lot of these made with felt.  I attached it to a metal headband.  This one is red.

I had an extra black satin headband that I matched with a bright blue and black satin flower.

Yellow satin flower on a metal headband.

Pale pink rosettes out of fabric, attached to a stretchy headband.

Baby blue rosette on a stretchy band

Hot pink flower on a metal band

Chambray rosette with a mini red rosette on a stretchy band.

No comments: