Saturday, August 6, 2011

Colorful Clipboard

My sister-in-law asked if I could help decorate a clipboard for my niece for school.  I really like using Mod Podge to attach scrapbook paper to notebooks and clipboards, but usually I use just one color.  For my niece's clipboard, I thought I'd have a little fun with it.  Of course...Madie now wants one too!

Materials:
*Clipboard.  The ones that are like chipboard work best.  I tried a plastic one and the paper didn't stick very well.
*Scrapbook paper--assortment that fit your clipboard's theme
*Mod Podge & Foam brush
*Scissors or paper cutter
*Ribbons (I also used a lighter to seal the ends of the ribbons to prevent fraying)

The front of the board.  I tried to keep it relatively simple so there weren't too many "bumps" that would be a pain when writing on it.  I just used the Mod Podge on the board and then placed the paper on top of it.  When I put the Mod Podge on top of the paper, it tended to bubble.  I then attached small pieces of ribbon to the top just by knotting them around the thing on the top.

This is the back of the board.  I thought it would be fun to include her name.  I cut the letters out on my Cricut.  I also used Mod Podge across the top of her name section so that the small pieces wouldn't come off the board easily.  I figured they may get picked off otherwise.

What do you think?

Childmade