Friday, September 23, 2011

Crabapple!

Jack created a new game yesterday in the car...needless to say, I have a love-hate relationship going on with it!


He named it "CRABAPPLE"...see the all caps--yep, apparently you need to shout it!  Can you see why the hate portion is developing?  


Anytime you see a speed limit sign, they have to yell say "CRABAPPLE ___!"  the ___ is the number of speed.  For example:  Crabapple 25!


Now, the part I'm impressed with and am encouraging--they are adding up the totals for all the street signs. They need some help as they are getting higher and higher in the points, but for a 1st and 2nd grader, I think it's really helping them think.  They group and add the number and then put them all together to get the right answer--in their head!  I even have trouble doing that sometimes!


So, the love is outweighing the hate (at least for now), so I guess I have some more noisy rides in my future!


CRABAPPLE 30!!!

No comments: